I am almost completely recovered. I am still a little swollen, but my biggest complaint right now is that my taste buds are off. Everything tastes funny. Whenever I have a peanut butter sandwich, it tastes fishy. Craig tasted that once too, so not sure what's happening there. Hopefully my taste buds return to normal soon. But at least I can eat normal food now. It was quite something having this surgery. I hope I am glad I had it later this year.
School is out for the summer. So far it hasn't been too bad. The kids are glad to be out for now. We'll see how long that lasts.
Baseball is in full swing. Cooper had a double-header today. He did very well. His team won both games. They are pretty fun to watch at this age. I really get into them. Caleb is doing t-ball. Those were fun to watch when Cooper first started baseball, but now they can be a bit painful. Still cute, but a bit painful. Thank goodness they are not too long. Adam LOVES baseball. He watched an episode of Dora that was about baseball a while ago and he just thought that was great. Now he's obsessed with baseball. He gets very excited to go to the games. He loves throwing the ball around and hitting it with his bat or anything that resembles a bat. He actually sat there and watched the game tonight.
We finally got Adam off the bottle. He usually had them at night when he went to bed, but he was starting to wake up more than once wanting more. We decided to break him from it last weekend and he's been doing really well. Once in a while he'll ask for "bubba" but we tell him it's broken. We cut off the niple and told him it was broken and that was it. Wish we had done it sooner.
Lauren had her dance recital this past Saturday. It was SOOO cute. We had debated about whether to put her back in dance next year because her teacher wasn't that great, but after I saw her dress rehearsal and how sweet it was, I had to sign her up again. Her class danced to "Round Around Sue." It really was cute. They were the youngest class and the whole audience thought they were adorable.
Audry hasn't been up to much. She did make some signs for a car washing business and put the signs up on the mail boxes but they were taken down. She also came up with a play and put it on for us with Caleb and Lauren. It was pretty cute. I video taped it and it will try to figure out how to post it on the internet. She's happy to just read in her room. She has been really good about playing with the kids though. They come up with all kinds of games. So, she really has done quite a bit, just not sports. She has a great imagination!
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment