Friday, February 4, 2011

Legalese...legalize?


Audry participated in the Miami County spelling bee today. It was quite nerve racking! Unfortunately she got out in the first round with the word "legalese." I didn't know how to spell it. I thought maybe the moderator meant "legalize." But no, it was in fact "lagalese," which Craig and I looked up when we got home. After she repeated the word, which I think I heard correctly, she started spelling it "lec..." That's all I heard. When she sat down with us she said she said "g" not "c." Oh well. The first round, over half the kids got out. They were having issues with the microphone and the kids weren't speaking very clearly and the judges were having a hard time understanding some of them. I sometimes think I'm a pretty good speller. Nothing like a spelling bee to shoot those thoughts down!

***

This past week we had 3 snow days in a row! Yes, that's right, THREE. Craig came home early one day and the following day he worked from home. Where was all this snow during Christmas? Hopefully this is the last of it and spring will be here soon. Punxsutawney* Phil didn't see his shadow this year, so spring is bound to be here soon right?!

*How 'bout that spelling huh?!! Alright, I cheated and looked it up. But really, unless you live there I doubt most people could spell that.

***

A friend of mine posted on FB that she had just finished potty training her kid. Her kid that's 21 months. In THREE days. Not even two yet and potty trained in such a short time! It made me feel embarrassed/bad/lazy (take your pick) realizing Adam will be THREE next month and wants nothing to do with the toilet. So I asked her what she did. She emailed me the 3 day potty training guide that she's used with her last 3 kids and she says it works. So guess what I will be doing next weekend? Starting Friday I will basically have to spend all day with Adam. No going out, no checking email, nothing! Maybe I can squeeze in a text here and there? You can go out but you have to plan on LOTS of accidents and I would rather deal with those at home. I am already dreaming of diaper free days. :)

***

Did you notice the THREE theme here? Didn't do it on purpose, just happened.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment