Lately the kids have been saying some funny things. I thought I would start blogging about those because I know I will forget them and it will be nice for them to read when they are older. So here it goes:
Scenario~ Laren, Adam and I were coming in the house from the van that's parked in our driveway. There's a neighbor walking by with her 2 kids and dog.
Lauren: Look at that big thing
Me: What big thing? ( I turn to where she's pointing; in the direction of the walking neighbor)
Me: It's a dog!
Lauren: Looks at it for a few seconds and then says, "it looks like a cow!"
The dog was a pretty big great dane with black and white spots all over it.
Scenario~ All over the place. At home, in the car, etc...
Adam: How you thtop? (this is in the car and the word is stop)
Me: I press down on the brake
Adam: whereth the brake
Me: down by my feet
Next stop we make...
Adam: how you thtop?
you get the idea!
Adam: what kind food ith thith? (this is at the dinner table or snacking)
Me: pasta
Adam: what kind of pathta?
Me: just regular pasta
Adam: ith it pithy (spicy)
Me: no, just regular
Later in the day...
Adam:what kind thereal (cereal) ith thith? (is this, if you haven't figured it out)
Adam: ith thith regular thereal?
Me: YES!!!
***
On a different note. Something awful happened today. Japan experienced an 8.9 (I believe) earthquake today. As if that wasn't enough, a tsunami soon followed. They are not sure how many lost their lives. Some of the footage I've seen looks horrific. The videos I've seen on tv brought back some very vivid memories of the earthquake in Mexico. The shaking that went on and on is what they have shown and it is what I remember most. I cannot watch anymore news about that. I am surprised how much it has affected me, more than any other earthquakes of similar size that I've heard about in the past. Praying for all those affected by it.
***
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment